The 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Program is designed to promote 4-H and specifically 4-H Shooting Sports. Youth selected to serve as Ambassadors, from June of the current year to June of the upcoming year, will receive training to become advocates for the program at county, regional, and state levels. Through the program, Ambassadors develop their skills in leadership, public presentation, citizenship, community service, public relations and team building. Follow the program page link above for more information.
- Applicants must be in grade 9-11 at the time of application, and at least 15 but not over 18 on January 1 of the application year.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and have at least 3 years of enrollment in SESS.
- Up to 2 members may be selected to participate in National 4-H SESS Teen Institute.
- Up to 9 applicants will be chosen with geographic disbursement considered.
- Term will be the upcoming June through the July of the following year.
- Applicants may only apply for either SESS Ambassador or State 4-H Council Member in any given year.
- Youth may apply for a second year if requirements are met.
- A maximum of 9 interviews will be scheduled for this opportunity, candidates will be selected through the written application round.
- Shooting Sports Ambassador Interview Evaluation Form
2019 Shooting Sports Ambassadors
SallyJo, Guthrie County
Guthrie County 4-H'er, SallyJo, is an eleven-year 4-H member. She has participated in goat, chicken, rabbit, visual arts, and photography project areas at both the county and state level. She attends ACGC High School and has been vice president and secretary of her 4-H club.
Walker, Louisa County
Lousia County 4-H'er, Walker, is an eight-year 4-H member. He has participated in FFA, Mepo Clay Commanders, Rodeo, and helps at the local food bank. He attends Wapello High School and has been president and vice president of his 4-H club and has been a participant at the state and county fairs.
Jacob, Webster County
Webster County 4-H'er, Jacob, is a three year 4-H member. He has participated in Shooting Sports, woodworking, and communication project areas. He attends Fort Dodge Senior High and has been president and recreation leader of his 4-H club. He has participated at county, state, and national 4-H events.