The 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Program is designed to promote 4-H and specifically 4-H Shooting Sports. Youth selected to serve as Ambassadors, from June of the current year to June of the upcoming year, will receive training to become advocates for the program at county, regional, and state levels. Through the program, Ambassadors develop their skills in leadership, public presentation, citizenship, community service, public relations and team building. This opportunity is offered through State 4-H Recognition Day.
- Applicants must be in grade 9-11 at the time of application, and at least 15 but not over 18 on January 1 of the application year.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and have at least 3 years of enrollment in SESS.
- Up to 2 members may be selected to participate in National 4-H SESS Teen Institute.
- Up to 9 applicants will be chosen with geographic disbursement considered.
- Term will be the upcoming June through the July of the following year.
- Youth may apply for a second year if requirements are met.
- A maximum of 9 interviews will be scheduled for this opportunity, candidates will be selected through the written application round.
Watch the application instructions video before preparing your application. A form is not required. You may copy and paste, or type, these questions into any document, and save as a PDF for uploading to your application in 4HOnline. Please use 12pt font or larger. You may use any word processing program, any size margins, double- or single-spaced lines. Your final document with all questions addressed must not be longer than 2 pages.
- Why would you be an effective ambassador of the Iowa 4-H Shooting Sports program, based on what you know about this opportunity? What do you see as your potential contributions to this program?
- Please provide one or more examples of how you have exhibited or developed skills in leadership in projects or programs related to Safety and Education in Shooting Sports.
- Civic Engagement is the opportunity, right, and responsibility we have to contribute to shaping the world around us and providing service to others. Provide one or more examples of how you engaged in civic engagement activities related to safety and education in shooting sports, and how this has positively impacted your personal development.
- Regardless of how many or how few years you’ve been a part of 4-H, please explain how your 4-H experiences in safety and education in shooting sports have helped you reach your personal goals. Explain how you think these experiences may benefit you in your future endeavors.