The 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Program is designed to promote 4-H and specifically 4-H Shooting Sports. Youth selected to serve as Ambassadors, from June of the current year to June of the upcoming year, will receive training to become advocates for the program at county, regional, and state levels. Through the program, Ambassadors develop their skills in leadership, public presentation, citizenship, community service, public relations and team building. This opportunity is offered through State 4-H Recognition Day.
- Applicants must be in grade 9-11 at the time of application, and at least 15 but not over 18 on January 1 of the application year.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and have at least 3 years of enrollment in SESS.
- Up to 2 members may be selected to participate in National 4-H SESS Teen Institute.
- Up to 9 applicants will be chosen with geographic disbursement considered.
- Term will be the upcoming June through the July of the following year.
- Youth may apply for a second year if requirements are met.
- A maximum of 9 interviews will be scheduled for this opportunity, candidates will be selected through the written application round.