What is Clover Kids?
Clover Kids is a fun 4-H program specifically designed for children in kindergarten through third grade. The overall purpose of the Iowa 4-H Clover Kids program is to foster the development of life skills that are essential for the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical maturation of kindergarten through third graders by providing a unique, age-appropriate educational opportunity.
In order to provide a high quality learning experience, the Clover Kids program is designed to be continuous and long-term. For this reason, Clover Kids groups meet on a regular basis. In addition to Clover Kids, the Iowa 4-H program offers a variety of experiences and activities that children in kindergarten through third grade are eligible to participate in.
What do Clover Kids do?
- Investigate Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Explore literacy through fun and engaging ways to read and write
- Learn the importance of being healthy and physically active
- Practice communication skills and learn to work as a team
- Play fun cooperative games and make new friends
- Participate in developmentally appropriate opportunities at county fair
- And much, much more!!
How can my child become a Clover Kid?
Contact your local ISU Extension and Outreach office to ask about Clover Kids groups in your area.
You can help your child's Clover Kids group or start one of your own! We will give you the information, training, and resources you need to get started. All volunteers must go through a background screening. Contact your local ISU Extension and Outreach office for more information.
Is your child graduating from Clover Kids?
Don't let the fun end! Your child can continue their 4-H experience by joining a 4-H community club!
In a community club youth get to:
- Attend club meetings
- Exhibit at the county fair
- Meet new friends
- Help others in club citizenship activities
- Share with others through communications
- Have fun with other 4-H’ers at camps, fun nights, workshops, and fair