- Gardening to Give Program Engages over 1,000 Iowans
- Iowa 4-H and Extension Staff Recognized by National 4-H Professionals Association
- Iowa 4-H State Meat Judging Team Places Fourth at National Contest
- Water Rocks! Debuts New Youth Education Video Series
- New 4-H Wildlife Habitat Education Program Seeks Volunteers
COVID-19 Scheduling Impacts
Iowa Fairs Townhall Webinar - 6/17/2020
Other Extension and Outreach programs
Iowa 4-H Mission and Vision
Vision: Preparing Iowa’s youth to be successful, contributing members of society.
Mission: 4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential through youth-adult partnerships and research-based experiences.
In 2016 the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP), which is the national representative leadership and governing body of Cooperative Extension, adopted the 4-H Grows: A Promise to America’s Kids Vision. This vision states that in 10 years “4-H will reflect the population demographics, diverse needs, and social conditions of the country. This vision has the elements of inclusion, caring adults, involves at least 1 in 5 youth, and the volunteers and staff reflect the population.” Iowa 4-H is deeply committed to this effort.
Iowa 4-H is the premiere youth development program of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. For more information about Extension and Outreach visit the website.