- Bug Catchers Can Master Their Craft with New Field Guide
- Resource for Educators Adds Agriculture to Every Day Lessons
- Water Rocks! Reaches More Students, Builds Environmental Awareness
- Welcome to Class Podcast Is Resource for Agricultural Educators
- Extension Artists Inspire Communities and 4-H Youth, Celebrate Iowa State Parks
Mission and Vision
Vision: Preparing Iowa’s youth to be successful, contributing members of society.
Mission: 4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential through youth-adult partnerships and research-based experiences.
In 2016 the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP), which is the national representative leadership and governing body of Cooperative Extension, adopted the 4-H Grows: A Promise to America’s Kids Vision. This vision states that in 10 years “4-H will reflect the population demographics, diverse needs, and social conditions of the country. This vision has the elements of inclusion, caring adults, involves at least 1 in 5 youth, and the volunteers and staff reflect the population.” Iowa 4-H is deeply committed to this effort.
Iowa 4-H is the premiere youth development program of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. For more information about Extension and Outreach visit the website.