Winter Postal Match Results
The Winter_Postal_Match_results_2017-18.pdf are now available. All certificates and medallions have been mailed to the County Extension office.
Hardin County Archers 2nd annual Hardin County Archers Tournament
- Sunday, June 3, 2018 Pine Lake Wildlife and Archery Club, Eldora, IA. All 4-H Archery Clubs are invited. Entry Fee: $10.00 (Checks payable to Hardin County Archers) required to obtain awards. All participants will receive a certificate, with the top three entries in each division receiving a trophy. (Late entries are allowed with no guarantee of an award.) Line times will be announced via email by June 1st, 2018
- Registration Form
- Tournament Rules
SHOOTING SPORTS SUMMER CAMP
June 8-11, 2018 - Shooting Sports Youth Camp at Pictured Rocks Camp, Monticello. At camp youth will explore the Safety and Education in Shooting Sports (SESS) program by trying new skills, meeting new friends and making connections with County Shooting Sports Clubs. Opportunities to develop skills in Archery, Air Rifle, Smallbore, Shotgun, Muzzleloader and Wildlife Skills. This camp is for youth completing 4th through 8th grade 2017-2018 school year. An Official Iowa Hunter Safety Course Class Day will be provided by DNR at camp. You must be 11 or older to complete the Iowa hunter education requirements and pass the online portions of the hunter education course prior to coming to camp. The On-line Hunter Safety Education course is available at DNR IA Hunter Ed Course. Campers will arrive Friday, June 8th at 10 a.m. Camp concludes Monday, June 11th at 4 p.m. Registration is $250. Register online at http://bit.ly/2018SSCamp.
SUMMER POSTAL MATCH
Time frame: May, June, July, August, September. Online Registration (http://bit.ly/4HSummerPostal) is open. Send monthly scores to email@example.com. The league fee for each registrant will be $5.50. Registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on July 31st, 2018. All participants and coaches must read 2018_Summer_Postal_Match_Rules.pdf. Registered_participants_5.30.18.pdf
SESS STATE YOUTH MATCH - National Qualifier 2017
National 4-H SESS Qualifiers.pdf-- The top four competitors in Qualifier for Divisions Air Rifle, Archery Compound, Archery Recurve, Muzzleloader, Smallbore Rifle, Shotgun Trap and Wildlife Skills. In some divisions an alternate is listed.
The Iowa 4-H Shooting Sports State Youth Match was held Saturday, August 26th at the Brownell’s Big Springs Range near Searsboro, Iowa. There were 162 Youth competing from 32 Counties. The many volunteers, county staff and family assisting at the Match helped youth participate in 228 individual events including Archery, Air Rifle, Muzzleloader, Shotgun Trap, Smallbore Rifle and Wild Life Skills. This annual event brings family and friends together for a fun day.
Additional State Match pictures at:
National 4-H SESS Championship
Sixteen youth, five coaches and Coordinator Jacki Luckstead participated in the National Championship, June 25-30 in Grand Island, NE. Iowa Team attending National Championship. Read about the sixteen Iowa 4-H Youth qualified to compete in this event. Eric Keller took 6th place at Nationals in Muzzleloader.
Upcoming SESS Events - Hold the dates
- May 6-11, 2018 -- National 4-H Shooting Sports Instructor Workshop, Madrid, IA
- June 24-29, 2018 -- National 4-H SESS Championship, Grand Island, NE
- August 25th - State Youth Match/National Qualifiers, Big Springs Range, Searsboro
- Summer Postal Match Results 2017.pdf
- 2017 National 4-H SESS Qualifiers.pdf
- 2017 State Match Scores.pdf
- 2016-2017 Winter Postal Match
- 2016 Summer Postal Match
- 2016 Qualifier Match
- 2016 State Youth Match
- 2015-2016 Winter Postal Match
- 2015 Summer Postal Match
- 2015 State Youth Match
- 2014-2015 Winter Postal Match
- 2014 Summer Postal Match
- 2014 State Youth Match
- 2014 Winter Postal Match
- 2013 Summer Postal Match
- 2013 State Youth Youth
- 2013 Winter Postal Match