SESS Winter Postal – Registration Closed
Winter Postal Results- Awards and certificates will be sent out in April 2021.
Time frame: November, December, January, February, March
The league fee for each registrant is $6.00 per discipline. Registration will close at 11:59pm on January 31, 2021.
For questions or problems with the online registration system, contact ISU Registration Services at 515-294-6222.
Scores for record: Coaches will enter monthly scores for all divisions online at: https://form.jotform.com/202804459182961.
Any questions regarding rules and scoring should be referred to the instructors that are listed below:
- Archery – Dave Luett, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muzzleloader – Joel Van Zante, email@example.com
- Air Rifle – Roy Silhanek, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Smallbore Rifle – Roy Silhanek, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Shotgun Trap – Dean Mueller, firstname.lastname@example.org
All scores shot for record should be submitted by the end of each month, one score per shooter per discipline per month. Late scores will not be accepted. All leaders and youth competing must read Winter Postal Rules 2020-21. If there are any questions about these rules contact the Coaches listed above or Kaycie Waters, email@example.com.
The success of 4-H programs relies heavily on dedicated volunteers. Shooting sports instructors are responsible for the overall coordination and management of the county/area 4-H shooting sports program. If you are interested in being a volunteer or instructor for a shooting sports program, contact your county ISU Extension Office today.
Upcoming Re-certification Trainings
April 3rd at 8:00am via Zoom | Rifle Re-certification
Register for the FREE re-certification training: https://www.jotform.com/210046170367044
New SESS Leader Training
April 24th in Oakland, IA
Limited to 10 people per discipline - must have already done New Volunteer Training at your county office
Registration is $50 per person. Bring your own lunch.
Register here: http://bit.ly/SESS21
- Administration: follow state plan, policies, and risk management requirements. Complete reports, maintain 4-H membership records, and maintain equipment inventories.
- Communications: develop good working relationships with members, parents, instructors, volunteers, and Extension professional staff.
- Planning: work with other instructors, Extension staff, parents, members, and community partners to develop a county shooting sports short-term and long-term plan to create the best possible program for your county. This responsibility includes setting up a 4-H Shooting Sports Committee that seeks to grow the program.
- Volunteer Development: recruit, orientate, and recognize instructors as well as other adult and teen volunteers (ongoing).
- Resource Development: develop resources such as cash, equipment, use of facilities, and keep financial and asset records in accordance with Iowa 4-H policy.
- Promote the 4-H SESS program to youth, families, and the community through various ways.
- Plan/schedule supplemental learning experiences (tours, special events, service projects, etc.).
- Liaison with the Extension Service and county 4-H committee.
- Ensure quality control of county program by monitoring club SESS activities.
- Age 21 or older and successful completion of the child protection and safety policy screening process.
- Willingness to attend ongoing training
- Ability to work with adults and delegate responsibility.
- Have an interest in the development of youth and shooting sports.
- State certification and re-certified as required.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Organizational, management, communication, public relations, and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of networking and collaborating.
- Knowledge of overall 4-H program and activities and/or willing to learn about them.
- Moral standards consistent with the 4-H philosophy.
- 4-H SESS coordinator training workshop.
- 4-H SESS curriculum handbook upon completion of the workshop.
- Local volunteer training programs.
Contact your county ISU Extension Office