Animal Science Roundup
June 29-July 1, 2021
Event will begin and end at the Hansen Agricultural Student Learning Center at Iowa State University.
- 12 students per project
- Students must be 4-H members and have completed 8th grade.
- Must not have attended Roundup in that project in previous years.
- There is not an application process for 2021.
- Registration opens April 1, 2021 in 4HOnline and cost is $50.00
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
- Horse – Work with the ISU horse faculty at the horse farm and learn about care, nutrition, reproduction and more.
- Sheep – At the sheep teaching farm you will work with sheep and learn health care, selection, wool, reproduction and carcass evaluation.
- Swine – Learn about meat quality measurements, manure management, and basic animal husbandry activities such as breeding, boar collections, and diagnostic sampling.
- Beef – Grow your knowledge of beef production with hands-on, interactive learning sessions at the ISU beef farm.
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
- Meat and Food Science – Hands on experience with all types of meat animal products, from evaluation and food safety, to preparation and product testing.
- Dog – Learn best practices for training dogs, different types of dogs and their purposes, nutrition and proper care.
- Poultry – Experience the new, state of the art poultry farm and develop new skills evaluating and examining eggs and birds.
- Dairy – At the dairy farm you will learn about reproduction, health care, selection and make some ice cream.
How to Register in 4HOnline:
- Login to your 4hOnline account (https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in)
- From the Member List Screen, click on the “Events” list on the left-hand side
- Select “YOUR EVENT THAT YOU ARE ATTENDING” and then the family member attending
- Follow the prompts to complete. You will receive an email confirming you have submitted your registration