In an effort to support clarity, transparency and inclusion, the Iowa 4-H Youth Development program is building a regulations and guidance library. This effort includes a comprehensive review of all Iowa 4-H program regulatory documents to ensure accessibility, consistency and coordination.
**Please note only reviewed information will go on this page. If you have questions about a regulation or guidance document that is not posted here, it may currently be in review, please email Mitch Hoyer if you have questions.
Regulations and Guidance Library
Approved Iowa 4-H Youth Development regulations and guidance.
Summer 2020 Best Practices
- Iowa 4-H Youth Development is providing program specific expectations and recommendations for summer 2020 programming. To view best practices document, click here.
- Centrol for Disease Control (CDC) Guidelines on Livestock Shows
- Club chartering general information
- Club Chartering Process 4HP 3050 (Regulation)
- Club Chartering PowerPoint Presentation (Resource)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) 4-H Charters (Resource)
- Club Chartering Expectations and Deadlines
- All new clubs or clubs with a change in primary leader should upload this form in 4HOnline:
- Charter Agreement Form 4HP 3051 (Form)
- Forms required to be uploaded to each club record annually by January 15.
- There are two forms which must be uploaded each January, the 4-H Compliance Report and a Club calendar. The purpose of the Compliance Report is to meet civil rights compliance and to remind leaders of our non-discrimination requirements. The club calendar is added for the purpose of reviewing planned programs for insurance needs, risk management, and fundraising. More importantly, it helps ensure a quality club program or experience is being planned. These have been requirements or best practices for many years. Uploading to 4HOnline eliminates the need for paper copies to be filed.
- Forms required to be uploaded to each club record annually each fall:
- Annual financial report
- A report example can be found on the County Services 4-H Club Financial Management webpage under the 4-H Club Financial Management Forms heading.
- Annual financial report
- Definitions and Requirements of Clover Kids 4HP 3110 (Regulation)
- Clover Kids (K-3) Working with Animals 4HP 3100 (Regulation)
- 4-H Club Financial Management webpage (Regulation) (8-2018)
- Definitions and Requirements of Iowa 4-H Clubs (Regulation) (10-2016)
- Financial Guidelines for 4-H Clubs 4HP 3000 (Regulation) (10-2018)
- Appropriate Use of Club Funds 4HP 3030 (Regulation) (2-2019)
- Fundraiser Request Form 4HP 3020 (Resource) (11-2018)
- Club Dissolution Form 4HP 3010 (Form) (10-2018)
- So You're the Club Treasurer 4H 0071
Code of Conduct
- Iowa 4-H Code of Conduct for Volunteers 4HP 3400 (Regulation)
- Iowa 4-H Code of Conduct for Youth and Families 4HP 3410 (Regulation)
- Iowa Exhibitor Youth Code of Ethics (Regulation)
- Livestock Showdowns and Iowa 4-H (Guidance) (6-2018)
- Iowa 4-H Horse Helmet Requirements (Regulation) 4HP 3210
- LGBTQ Inclusion (Guidance) (5-2018)
Name and Emblem
- Participation Regulations 4HP 3005 (Regulation)
- Partnership Definitions (Guidance) (5-2018)
- Partnership Short Term Form (Form) (5-2018)
- Partnership Long Term Form (Form) (5-2018)
- Product Development Charter 4HP 3310 (6-2019)
- Product Development Process (In Revision)
- County Director Role with 4-H 4HP 1010 (Guidance)
- Core Principles and Organizational Structure 4HP 1000 (Guidance) (7-2018)
Safety and Education in Shooting Sports
- Shooting Sports Program Plan and Requirements 4HP 3150 (5-2019)
- National 4-H Strategic Plan 2019-2021 (National 4-H Website)
- ISU Extension and Outreach Strategic Plan 2017-2022