Self-Study for Exhibit Judges Training or Refresher
- A training webinar on exhibit classes and judging philosophy is in development.
- Your county Extension office or the county you are judging in should also provide project and judges tips sheets to you on request.
- 4-H project area information can be found in Exhibit Tip Sheets & Project Area Guides
- The Evaluating 4-H Exhibits Handbook will give you insight to the 4-H judging philosophy and other judging resource materials.
- The Judges Resources category in the Extension Store.
- Iowa State Fair 4-H Static Exhibits Page houses all the state Rules and Information for Exhibits, Communication Event, and 4-H Special Events.
Keep Your Judge Record Current
- If a judge needs to update their information they can do so by emailing the updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your county office.
4-H Livestock Judges Information
- For information about livestock judging, contact Mike Anderson, 515-294-8617.
- 4-H Livestock Judge Preferences Form (MSWord) (PDF)
4-H Food & Nutrition Judges Information
- Answer Line, 800-262-3804, is the final word for food safety and preparation, along with the National Center Home Food Preservation and the USDA's Complete Guide to Home Canning. See also, Food for Iowa 4-H Fairs HS 76.
- Visit the Evaluating Exhibits Handbook webpage for project area guides, tip sheets, and relevant fair forms.