Viticulture is the science, production and study of grapes which deals with the series of events that occur in the vineyard. When the grapes are used for winemaking, it is also known as viniculture. It is one branch of the science of horticulture.
See what soil is suitable for vineyards
Iowa Soils Suitablility Index
Provides various soil maps and soil type information for each Iowa county for a better understanding of the basic properties of soil for better crop management, soil nutrient management and soil conservation.
- Iowa State University, Viticulture
- Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship (IDALS) Pesticide Sensitive Crops Directory
- Vineyard Scouting Form
- Grapes for Sale
- Estimating Grape Yield
- Canopy Management Concepts
- Pruning and Canopy Management Cheat Sheet
- A Year in the Life of a LaCrosse Vineyard - (2009)
- Iowa Grape Descriptor Cards
- Winter Injury to Grapevines and Methods of Prevention