The goal of the Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) is to provide educational information throughout Iowa on the safe and effective use of pesticides. PSEP is responsible for Pesticide Applicator Continuing Instruction Courses (CIC’s) in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS).Other programs that PSEP is involved in include integrated pest management, worker protection, environmental quality, and agricultural health.
Continuing Instruction Course (CIC) programming adjustments due to COVID-19
2020-2021 Private applicator Continuing Instruction Course Information
Due to COVID-19, the private pesticide applicator Continuing Instruction Course (P-CIC) program will have additional recertification options. Applicators have until April 15, 2021, to attend a P-CIC program.
Check with your county extension office or their website for information on programs they will provide.
Here are some of the options that may be available to you. All options require preregistration.
- Live in-person meetings with your field agronomist, practicing social distancing, and wearing masks.
- In-person meetings at your county extension office with a prerecorded video. Social distancing and masks will be required at this time.
- Virtual, online, programs with your field agronomist. We will use Zoom for these meetings. Some of these will be available for you to view from your home.
- Live Virtual P-CIC with ISU PSEP. You will connect from your home or another place with a good internet connection. Contact your county extension office to preregister.
- Jan. 20 from 9-11:30 a.m.
- Feb. 11 from 9-11:30 a.m.
- Feb. 18 from 9-11:30 a.m.
- Mar. 1 from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Mar. 16 from 7-9:30 p.m.
- Apr. 6 from 7-9:30 p.m.
- Apr. 12 from 1-3:30 p.m.
Counties Accepting Registration for Live Virtual P-CIC with ISU PSEP (County Contact Information):
- Black Hawk
- Buena Vista
- Cerro Gordo
- East Pottawattamie
- West Pottawattamie
You can also renew your certification by re-testing. More information about testing is available here: https://iowaagriculture.gov/pesticide-bureau/pesticide-applicator-testing