The IAEA and NACAA strive to:
- Advance the professional status of
Extension agents and specialists with agriculture-related Extension appointments.
- Encourage, promote, and provide
professional improvement for all members.
- Provide for the exchange of ideas, methods,
- Represent professional interests of members
in matters of public policy and affairs.
- Promote public confidence, esteem, and
respect for Cooperative Extension.
- Recognize professional excellence in
Cooperative Extension nationwide
IAEA / NACAA members are
professional educators who work with individuals, families, businesses, and
communities. These professionals may be called Extension Educators, Specialists, or
Administrators promoting education on issues relating to:
- natural resources
- community development
- water quality
- pest management
- food safety
- commercial and community horticulture
As part of a
national and global educational network, Extension educators combine expertise and
resources at the local, state, and federal levels. This network includes:
Extension educators are located in county, regional, and university
offices throughout the country, serving a variety of roles
More about the Iowa Agricultural Extension Association and the
National Association of County Agricultural Agents