These instructions assume that you are already at https://vpn.iastate.edu and that automatic install has failed.
- Click on the Windows Desktop link.
- You should see a question similar to: 'Do you want to run or save...' Select Run.
- In the window titled, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup, click Next.
- Click Accept. Click Next
- Click Install
- Enter your Administrator password.
- Click Finish.
Once the installation is complete, you can open the VPN by opening the Start Menu and typing "Cisco" and clicking on Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
You can obtain Cisco AnyConnect from Self Service.
- Open Launchpad and open Self Service.
- Choose the install button underneath "Install Cisco AnyConnect VPN"
- The computer will begin a restart sequence and prompt for you to save any unsaved work.
- Restart your computer or wait for the computer to restart itself.
If you're unable to install VPN, contact the Extension IT Computer Support Hotline for additional assistance.