This series provides helpful answers to many questions about creating a safe and healthy early childhood environment, preparing for an emergency, transporting children, preventing and controlling infectious diseases, handling and storing hazardous materials, giving medication, managing food allergies, creating a safe sleep environment for infants, preventing shaken baby syndrome, understanding child development, supporting cultural diversity, and understanding homelessness.
Intended audience: Early childhood providers, teachers, and directors
Format: Self-paced online series; 12 topics available
Certification: Approved for Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Care Professional Development Credit
- No cost
- Participate at any time, 24/7
- Choose to complete only one module or the entire series of modules in any order. View a complete description of each module.
- Receive a professional development certificate for each module completed, up to 12 hours total.
To participate in the online course:
- Read the detailed login instructions.
- Go to the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Moodle™ login page.
- Create a Moodle account. You will need your DHS Registry ID. HINT - it looks like this: your.name@iowaid
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Safety in Environment
- Emergency Preparedness
- Transportation of Children
- Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
- Handling and Storage of Hazardous Materials
- Medication in Child Care
- Managing Food Allergies
- Infant Safe Sleep
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Supporting Cultural Diversity
- Understanding Homelessness
- Child Development
Ages and Stages