Do you want to enrich the quality of your relationships? Whether you are part of a couple preparing for marriage, in a blended family, or expecting a child, this workshop is for you. Together you will learn and practice seven skills essential to maintain a healthy and stable relationship.
Intended audience: Adult couples
Format: 8-hour workshop, can be delivered in multiple sessions
Special Offering: ELEVATE - Online
Due to COVID-19 concerns, ELEVATE sessions will be offered online.
Each 30-minute session will focus on strategies to strengthen your relationships during this time of increased stress and conflict related to remote work, unemployment, school closings, etc.
Based on the National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Model (NERMEM), ELEVATE focuses on seven core skills essential to maintaining healthy and stable relationships:
- create a healthier physical living style and to nurture psychological wellbeing
- identify choices that lay a strong foundation for their relationship
- learn about themselves and each other and what they each bring to the relationship
- create meaningful couple time that fosters friendship
- show kindness, understanding, respect and caring for each other
- regulate emotions, manage stress, and improve conflict management
- identify personal and community resources to support their relationship
Elevate: Taking Your Relationship to the Next Level was developed in collaboration with professionals at the University of Alabama and Auburn University as part of the Alabama Healthy Marriage & Relationship Education Initiative.