Have you ever wondered if you are on the right path when parenting your children? If you would like to strengthen your parenting skills with children birth to age 8, join other parents and caregivers to learn about positive parenting practices that help create stable, safe, healthy, and nurturing environments and relationships.
Intended audience: Adults/caregivers with children, ages birth to 8-years-old
Format: Nine, 2-hour workshops
Research shows that exposure to abuse and neglect in a child’s formative years can have long-term emotional and behavioral effects on children. The ACT Raising Safe Kids program can help parents and caregivers raise children in safe, stable, healthy environments.
In the series of lessons parents and caregivers will gain strategies for:
- Dealing with children's difficult behaviors using developmentally appropriate responses;
- Controlling their own anger;
- Helping children control their anger;
- Teaching children how to resolve conflicts without using violence;
- Using positive discipline methods that fit the children's age; and
- Reducing the influence of media violence on children.