Orientation provides a detailed overview of the new standards and how to use the standards to plan developmentally appropriate activities and create lesson plans. This course uses actual scenarios and demonstrates how to use the standards to support child development.
Intended audience: Early childhood providers, teachers, and directors
Format: Self-paced, 2-hour online class
Certification: Approved by Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) for Child Care Professional
- No cost
- Participate online at any time, 24/7
- Access from desktop, laptop, tablet, or smart phone
- Receive a certificate for 2 hours of training
To participate in the online course:
- Read the detailed login instructions.
- Go to the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Moodle™ login page.
- Create a Moodle account. You will also need your DHS Registry ID. HINT- it looks like this: yourname@iaowaid.