2020 is the Time to Be Counted!
The 2020 U.S. Census is about to begin. Nationwide, April 1, 2020, is designated as Census Day and every household will receive a Census invitation. The Census is done every 10 years to count every person and housing unit in the United States.
The Census benefits you and your community because it:
Determines the funding level for many public services, grants, and community support so that Iowa and your community get their fair share of federal funding for:
- Hospitals and health care
- Fire and police departments
- Schools, education, and daycare for children
- Roads, highways, and public transportation
- Housing assistance
- Medicaid and child health programs
- Job training programs