Returning to the Farm (formerly known as Ag Link) is a series of hands-on workshops for multigenerational farms. Topics include conflict resolution, goal setting, business analysis, estate planning, farm planning, and management, which are viewed differently because of distinct and sometimes conflicting goals and endowments of capital, labor, technical knowledge, and management expertise. ISU students have the ability to apply for course credit for this seminar. For more information on these seminars call 1-877-BFC-1999.
- Communication styles and skills
- Multiple generation farm families: living and working together
- Strategic business planning
- Farm business planning
- Estate planning
This program will
- Provide general information necessary to plan entry into existing farm operations
- Furnish a resource packet with worksheets, exercises, and pertinent information
- Offer an opportunity for students and their families to discuss issues related to farm transfer
Discover how to address major issues that can lead to failure in a multiple generation farm business. Find out whether an existing operation is large enough to support an additional partner. Uncover alternatives for transfer of farm assets.
Who Should Attend
Any family considering a multiple generation farm business should attend. You can't afford not to! We recommend that ALL family members (including non-farming heirs and successors partners) attend the seminar if possible.
ISU Students can earn up to two credit hours. This will be at no additional academic cost if you are currently carrying a class load of 12 credits. Requirement: attend all four days of the seminar and complete a Business Plan Paper. Contact Dave Baker for additional information.
$450 for up to four participants. $50 for each participant over four. This registration fee is for all four days, lunches included. As part of your registration you will get a FREE Farm Savvy binder with worksheets, exercises, and pertinent articles included - this alone is an $100 value.
2021 Returning to the Farm Seminar registration is postponed due to COVID19. Look forward to seeing you in 2022. Email Dave Baker with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be announced.
If you need accommodations for a disability or a dietary restriction call 877-BFC-1999 or email Dave Baker at email@example.com.
- Dave Baker - Beginning Farmer Center Interim Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
- John R. Baker, Attorney at Law - Beginning Farmer Center Administrator | email@example.com
- Kelvin Leibold - Farm Management Field Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charles Brown - Farm Management Field Specialist | email@example.com
- Melissa O'Rourke - Farm Management Field Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org