Ag Link is a service to help preserve the family farm business by matching beginning farmers who do not own land, with retiring farmers who do not have heirs to continue the family farm business. Ag Link maintains a database of potential beginning farmers and landowners. Browse our list of current opportunities.
Ag Link is for a beginning farmer who:
- Wants to find a way to pursue or continue a farming career.
- Has a desire to farm but lacks the financial means.
- Will invest time, energy, resources and sweat equity in return for an opportunity to farm.
- Is not a farm land owner.
- Wants to avoid large debt needed for start-up costs.
Ag Link is for a retiring farmer who:
- Plans to retire within the next 5 to 10 years
- Does not have anyone to continue the farm business.
- Has a desire for the farm business to continue.
- Wants to help a beginning farmer.
- Would like to take maximum advantage of tax savings, such as reduced capital gains and income tax.
- Wants to help preserve their family farm business and their local communities by encouraging young Iowans to move into farming.