Farm and Ag Business Management Meetings
The Pro-Ag Outlook and Management Seminars are designed to provide agribusiness leaders with a concise evaluation of current market conditions, expected trends in crop and livestock income potential and management implications. Participants will also receive an overview of the agricultural industry and learn how changes may affect Iowa producers. Programs are held regionally across Iowa in November and December 2019.
Mix of program speakers varies by location.
Crop Market Price Outlook, Margins & Risk Management Strategies
|U.S. & China Trade Update
Dr. Wendong Zhang, Extension Economist
|Critical Role of Land Values and Interest Rates in the Stabilization of the Agricultural Sector
Dr. Alejandro Plastina, Extension Economist
Livestock Market Price Outlook, Margins & Risk Management Strategies
|Extension Farm Management Field Specialists|
- Waterloo - Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 9:00 a.m., Hawkeye College, Tama Hall Room 201, 319-234-6811
- Sioux City - Monday, Nov. 11 at 9:00 a.m., Woodbury County Extension Office, 712-276-2157
- Spirit Lake - Monday, Nov. 11 at 2:30 p.m., Dickinson County Extension Office, 712-336-3488
- Fort Dodge* - Wednesday, Nov. 13 at 4:00 p.m., Webster County Extension Office, 515-576-2119
- Carroll* - Thursday, Nov. 14 at 9:30 a.m., Carroll County Extension Office, 712-792-2364
- Altoona* - Friday, Nov. 15 at 9:00 a.m., Polk County Extension Office, 515-957-5760
- Mason City - Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 1:00 p.m., Muse-Norris Conference Center, NIACC Campus, 641-423-0844
- Cresco - Friday, Nov. 22 at 9:00 a.m., Featherlite Center, Howard County Fairgrounds, 563-547-3001
- Greenfield - Monday, Nov. 25 at 1:00 p.m., Warren Cultural Center Auditorium, 641-743-8412
- Shenandoah - Monday, Dec. 2 at 1:00 p.m., Shenandoah Bricker Meeting Room, 712-542-5171
- Iowa City* - Friday, Dec. 6 at 12:30 p.m., Johnson County Extension Office, 319-337-2145
- Mt. Pleasant* - Friday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 a.m., Henry County Extension Office, 319-385-8126
- Bloomfield* - Friday, Dec. 13 at 2:00 p.m., Pioneer Ridge Nature Area, 641-673-5841
Preregister at least 2 days prior to program. Sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to program at all locations.
*Meal included; Altoona location includes lunch and Farm Income Tax webinar in the afternoon.
Updated November 2019