Cybersecurity on the Farm - Webinar Series
A three-part webinar series dedicated to strengthening the digital protections in place for rural and farm businesses and families. The series is presented over the noon hour and is free and open to everyone. Sessions will be recorded for later viewing. A recent news release includes additional details, and register at: https://go.iastate.edu/FH25MU.
Women Managing Farmland - Webinar Series
This bi-monthly webinar series addresses several topics where women farmland owners have indicated an interest. The series is presented over the noon hour and is free and open to everyone. Register here for one or more of the CARE Women Landownership Series webinars.Additional details can be found on the ISU Women in Ag website.
February 8 | Importance of Using a Written Lease | Melissa O’Rourke
April 12 | Building Your Professional Team | Kitt Tovar Jensen
June 14 | Keeping the Ground Covered | Catherine DeLong
August 9 | Landowner-Tenant Communications | Melissa O’Rourke
October 11 | End-of-Life Taxes and Expenses | Kitt Tovar Jensen
December 13 | Slowing Water Down | Catherine DeLong
Iowa State University Women in Ag Events
Statewide Extension Calendar
Search for events by county or topic. For upcoming farm management programs in your area, contact your ISU Extension and Outreach Farm Management Specialist.
Additional Virtual Events
Build your toolbox with additional response options to help de-escalate incidents and refer someone in crisis to help. Check the list of upcoming training opportunities bit.ly/3iIosDY
Recent Videos and Webinar Archives
- Latest Ag Market Outlook - Chad Hart
- Carbon Markets - Alejandro Plastina
- Carbon Markets (extended version) - Alejandro Plastina
- Women Farmland Owners - multi-year grant project - Melissa O'Rourke
- 2022 Farm Bill Decisions
- Top 10 farm transition and estate planning mistakes - May 2021
- Farm Transitions in 2021 and Beyond - January 2021
- Visit the Voiced Media page for additional webinars and videos.
The following webinar series was presented to aid Iowa producers in determining their farm election for 2022.
Webinars and events from other areas of ISU Extension and Outreach
- ISU Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
- Ag and Natural Resources - Program Services
- Extension Crops Team
- Iowa Pork Industry Center
- Iowa Beef Center
- Specialty Crops - Risk Management Webinar series
Farmland Leasing Videos
- Farmland Leasing and Management Workshop - August 2020
- Issues Impacting Iowa Farmland Owners and Tenants for 2021 - August 2020
- Farmland Leasing and Management: Landowner-Producer Communication and Agreements | 3 part series with Melissa O'Rourke, ISU Extension Farm and Agribusiness Management Field Specialist, July 2020
- Part 1 | Resources, Survey, Communication
- Part 2 | Legal issues, Written leases, Lease termination, Conservation, Managing Stress
- Part 3 | How to use the cash rent survey, Methods to set cash rents, Flexible cash rent
- Farmland Leasing Overview with Steve Johnson, retired ISU Extension Farm Management Field Specialist, July 2020
Additional leasing resources from ISU Extension and Outreach can be found on the Ag Decision Maker Leasing webpage.
For questions, contact your ISU Extension and Outreach Farm Management Specialist.
Updated April 11, 2023