Iowa Farm Bureau, in partnership with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, will be hosting timely, informative events designed specifically to help Iowa farmers navigate through the continued pressure of tight operating margins. These events will be taking place in February at five locations around the state.
Thursday, February 2, Nevada, IA: CNH Industrial Ag Information Training Center, Classroom A, 23942 590th Avenue
Monday, February 6, Atlantic, IA: Cass County Community Center, 805 W 10th Street
Tuesday, February 7, Storm Lake, IA: Knights of Columbus Hall, 1507 E Lakeshore Drive
Monday, February 20, Washington, IA: Washington County Fairgrounds, Dallmeyer Hall, 661 Highway 1 South
Tuesday, February 21, Independence, IA: Heartland Acres Agribition Center, 2600 Swan Lake Boulevard
The two-day Farm Transitions Conference will return to the Gateway Hotel in Ames Feb. 9-10, 2023. Whether you want to begin farming, are looking to transition your farm business to the next generation or simply want to know more about farm estate planning, this conference will provide expert answers and insight.
Search for events by county or topic. For upcoming farm management programs in your area, contact your ISU Extension and Outreach Farm Management Specialist.
Additional Virtual Events
Build your toolbox with additional response options to help de-escalate incidents and refer someone in crisis to help. Check the list of upcoming training opportunities bit.ly/3iIosDY
Recent Videos and Webinar Archives
- Latest Ag Market Outlook - Chad Hart
- Carbon Markets - Alejandro Plastina
- Carbon Markets (extended version) - Alejandro Plastina
- Women Farmland Owners - multi-year grant project - Melissa O'Rourke
- 2022 Farm Bill Decisions
- Top 10 farm transition and estate planning mistakes - May 2021
- Farm Transitions in 2021 and Beyond - January 2021
- Visit the Voiced Media page for additional webinars and videos.
The following webinar series was presented to aid Iowa producers in determining their farm election for 2022.
Webinars and events from other areas of ISU Extension and Outreach
- ISU Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
- Ag and Natural Resources - Program Services
- Extension Crops Team
- Iowa Pork Industry Center
- Iowa Beef Center
- Specialty Crops - Risk Management Webinar series
Farmland Leasing Videos
- Farmland Leasing and Management Workshop - August 2020
- Issues Impacting Iowa Farmland Owners and Tenants for 2021 - August 2020
- Farmland Leasing and Management: Landowner-Producer Communication and Agreements | 3 part series with Melissa O'Rourke, ISU Extension Farm and Agribusiness Management Field Specialist, July 2020
- Part 1 | Resources, Survey, Communication
- Part 2 | Legal issues, Written leases, Lease termination, Conservation, Managing Stress
- Part 3 | How to use the cash rent survey, Methods to set cash rents, Flexible cash rent
- Farmland Leasing Overview with Steve Johnson, retired ISU Extension Farm Management Field Specialist, July 2020
Additional leasing resources from ISU Extension and Outreach can be found on the Ag Decision Maker Leasing webpage.
For questions, contact your ISU Extension and Outreach Farm Management Specialist.
Updated January 10, 2023