Upcoming Farm Management Events from ISU Extension and Outreach
During July and August, leasing meetings will be held throughout Iowa at various locations. These leasing programs are an annual event to share educational resources related to Iowa farmland ownership and tenancy with Iowa farmland owners, tenants, and others involved in agricultural production in the state. Each workshop attendee will receive a booklet of reference materials for farm leasing arrangements. Workshops will last 2 1/2 - 3 hours and will be led by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach farm management specialists. The 2021 meetings will focus on trends in land values, rental rates and issues impacting rental rates for the next year in Iowa agriculture. VIRTUAL OPTIONS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE!
Meeting dates and locations are currently being finalized, check back soon for locations near you! For questions, contact your ISU Extension and Outreach Farm Management Specialist. On-line leasing resources from ISU Extension and Outreach can be found on the Ag Decision Maker Leasing webpage.
Missed a live webinar? View the replay...
- Ag Market Outlook - Chad Hart (May 16, 2021)
- 2021 Crop and Weather Outlook - March 2021
- 2021 Farm Bill Decisions
- Farm Transitions in 2021 and Beyond - January 2021
- Iowa Land Value & Transfer Trends Update: Results from Two New Surveys - December 2020
- Pro-Ag Outlook Seminars - December 2020
- Farmland Values and the Impact of Changing Trade Relations with China - Wendong Zhang
- Farm Finances and Government Programs - Alejandro Plastina
- Livestock Outlook and Profit Potential - Lee Schulz
- 2020 Financial Conditions and Outlook for Iowa's Agricultural Cooperatives - Keri Jacobs
- Ag Market Outlook - Chad Hart (February 23, 2021)
- Crop Marketing Strategies: Basis, Carry & Cost of Ownership - November 2020
- 2020 Government Payments and Active USDA Programs - October 2020
- Grain Storage & Corn Quality Issues - September 2020
- Issues Impacting Iowa Farmland Owners and Tenants for 2021 - August 2020
- Crop Marketing Strategies - August 2020
- Farmland Leasing and Management Workshop - August 2020
- Crop Marketing Strategies - July 2020
- Visit the Voiced Media page for additional webinars and videos.
The following webinar series was presented to aid Iowa producers in determining their farm election for 2021.
Replay Farm Bill webinars
Jan 19, 2021 | Program Sign-up with USDA FSA | Katie Kramer, Kevin McClure (slides), Alejandro Plastina (slides)
Feb 5, 2021 | Ag Decision Maker Tools and Program Analysis | Alejandro Plastina (slides)
Feb 9, 2021 | East Central Iowa Decisions | Ryan Drollette (slides)
Feb 10, 2021 | Central Iowa Decisions | Patrick Hatting (slides)
Feb 16, 2021 | West Central Iowa Decisions | Tim Christensen (slides)
Feb 17, 2021 | North Central Iowa Decisions | Kelvin Leibold (slides)
Feb 17, 2021 | Northeast Iowa Decisions | Melissa O'Rourke, Kelvin Leibold (slides)
Feb 18, 2021 | Northwest Iowa Decisions | Kelvin Leibold, Gary Wright (slides)
Feb 18, 2021 | Southwest Iowa Decisions | Tim Christensen (slides)
Feb 19, 2021 | Southeast Iowa Decisions | Charles Brown (slides)
Webinars and events from other areas of ISU Extension and Outreach
- ISU Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
- Ag and Natural Resources - Program Services
- Extension Crops Team
- Iowa Pork Industry Center
- Iowa Beef Center
- Specialty Crops - Risk Management Webinar series
Farmland Leasing Videos
- Farmland Leasing Overview with Steve Johnson, retired ISU Extension Farm Management Field Specialist, July 2020
- Farmland Leasing and Management: Landowner-Producer Communication and Agreements | 3 part series with Melissa O'Rourke, ISU Extension Farm and Agribusiness Management Field Specialist, July 2020
Additional leasing resources from ISU Extension and Outreach can be found on the Ag Decision Maker Leasing webpage.
For questions, contact your ISU Extension and Outreach Farm Management Specialist.
Updated June 15, 2021