Upcoming Farm Management Webinars from ISU Extension and Outreach
Farm Transitions in 2021 and Beyond - January 21, 2021 | 7:00 PM
A free one-hour live webinar featuring David Baker, director, ISU Beginning Farmer Center and Melissa O'Rourke, Farm and Agribusiness Management Specialist, ISU Extension and Outreach.
David will dive into the initial planning stages for farm transitions: values, vision, and goals as well as tips to address communication issues that often arise. Melissa will discuss taking inventory and crunching the numbers; understanding federal estate and Iowa inheritance tax issues, and building your professional team. Presentation will be 50 minutes with time for questions. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions and link for joining the webinar. Initial questions for the presenters can be sent to email@example.com.
2021 Farm Bill Decisions - January 19 - February 19, 2021
The sign-up deadline for ARC/PLC is March 15, 2021. The following webinar series is free and open to all regardless of their county of operation. Examples used in regional sessions will focus on that area of the state with the regional Farm Management Field Specialist as the speaker. Questions for the presenters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan 19, 2021 1:00 pm | Program Sign-up with USDA FSA | Katie Kramer, Kevin McClure
Feb 5, 2021 1:00 pm | Ag Decision Maker Tools and Program Analysis | Alejandro Plastina
Feb 9, 2021 1:00 pm | East Central Iowa Decisions | Ryan Drollette
Feb 10, 2021 1:00 pm | Central Iowa Decisions | Patrick Hatting
Feb 16, 2021 1:00 pm | West Central Iowa Decisions | Tim Christensen
Feb 17, 2021 10:00 am | North Central Iowa Decisions | Kelvin Leibold
Feb 17, 2021 1:00 pm | Northeast Iowa Decisions | Melissa O'Rourke
Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am | Northwest Iowa Decisions | Gary Wright
Feb 18, 2021 1:00 pm | Southwest Iowa Decisions | Tim Christensen
Feb 19, 2021 1:00 pm | Southeast Iowa Decisions | Charles Brown
- Statewide Extension Calendar - search for events by county or topic
Missed a live webinar?
- Iowa Land Value & Transfer Trends Update: Results from Two New Surveys - December 17, 2020
- Crop Marketing Strategies: Basis, Carry & Cost of Ownership - November 19, 2020
- 2020 Government Payments and Active USDA Programs - Recorded October 15, 2020
- Grain Storage & Corn Quality Issues - Recorded September 17, 2020
- Issues Impacting Iowa Farmland Owners and Tenants for 2021 - Recorded August 25, 2020
- Crop Marketing Strategies - Recorded August 13, 2020
- Farmland Leasing and Management Workshop - Recorded August 10, 2020
- Crop Marketing Strategies - Recorded July 16, 2020
- Visit the Voiced Media page for additional webinars and videos.
Webinars and events from other areas of ISU Extension and Outreach
- ISU Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
- Ag and Natural Resources - Program Services
- Extension Crops Team
- Iowa Pork Industry Center
- Iowa Beef Center
- Driftless Region Beef Conference - January 26-28, 2021
- Human Sciences
Farmland Leasing Videos
- Farmland Leasing Overview with Steve Johnson, ISU Extension Farm Management Field Specialist
- Farmland Leasing and Management: Landowner-Producer Communication and Agreements | 3 part series with Melissa O'Rourke, ISU Extension Farm and Agribusiness Management Field Specialist
Additional leasing resources from ISU Extension and Outreach can be found on the Ag Decision Maker Leasing webpage.
For questions, contact your ISU Extension and Outreach Farm Management Specialist.
Updated January 15, 2021