Farm and Ag Business Management Meetings
The Pro-Ag Outlook and Management Seminars are designed to provide agribusiness leaders with a concise evaluation of current market conditions, expected trends in crop and livestock income potential and management implications. Participants will also receive an overview of the agricultural industry and learn how changes may affect Iowa producers. Programs are held regionally across Iowa in November and December 2018.
Mix of program speakers varies by location.
|Grain Market Outlook & Factors Shaping the Market
Dr. Chad Hart, Extension Grain Marketing Specialist
|What Do Trade Disruptions with China Mean for Iowa and U.S. Agriculture
Dr. Wendong Zhang, Extension Economist
|Critical Role of Land Values and Interest Rates in the Stabilization of the Agricultural Sector
Dr. Alejandro Plastina, Extension Economist
|Livestock Profit Potential & Global Economic Factors
Dr. Lee Schulz, Extension Livestock Economist
| The Sec 199A Pass-Through Deduction: What It Means for Producers and Cooperatives
Dr. Keri Jacobs, Iowa Institute for Cooperatives Endowed Economics Professor and Extension
|Extension Farm Management Field Specialists|
- Altoona* - Friday, Nov. 9 at 9:00 a.m., Polk County Extension Office, 515-957-5760
- Carroll* - Monday, Nov. 12 at 9:30 a.m., Carroll County Extension Office, 712-792-2364
- Fort Dodge* - Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 4:00 p.m., Webster County Extension Office, 515-576-2119
- Waterloo - Thursday, Nov. 15 at 9:30 a.m., Hawkeye Community College, Tama Hall, 319-234-6811
- Mason City - Friday, Nov. 16 at 12:30 p.m., Muse-Norris Conference Center, NIACC Campus, 641-423-0844
- Cresco - Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 9:00 a.m., Featherlite Center, Howard County Fairgrounds, 563-547-3001
- Greenfield - Monday, Dec. 3 at 9:00 a.m., Warren Cultural Center Auditorium, 641-743-8412
- Iowa City* - Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 12:30 p.m., Johnson County Extension Office, 319-337-2145
- Mt. Pleasant* - Thursday, Dec. 6 at 8:00 a.m., Henry County Extension Office, 319-385-8126
- Bloomfield* - Thursday, Dec. 6 at 2:00 p.m., Pioneer Ridge Nature Center, 641-673-5841
- Sheldon - Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 9:00 a.m., Northwest Iowa Community College, Building A, Room 117, 712-957-5045
- Storm Lake - Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 2:00 p.m., Prairie Lakes AEA, 712-732-5056
Registration begins 30 minutes prior to program at all locations.
*Meal included; Altoona location includes lunch and Farm Income Tax webinar in the afternoon.
Updated October 2018