Today, it’s more important than ever that youth are engaged with and interested in STEM. InventSTEM is an Iowa 4-H Program in partnership with Alliant Energy for youth in grades 4-12 that encourages youth to engage in the innovation process to solve real-world problems.
- May Challenge - Solar Oven | Video Overview
- April Challenge - Solar Car | April Video Overview
- March Challenge - Crystal Growing | March Video Overview
- February Challenge - Magnetic Levitation
- January Challenge - Light and Sound | January Video Overview
- December Challenge - Paper Circuits | December Video Overview
- November Challenge - Mathematical Art | November Video Overview
- October Challenge - Solar Light | October Video Overview
Each challenge is designed to connect to the lives of youth, engage with their ideas and respond to their questions. In addition, challenges are aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards and a variety of STEM professions.
Interested in Learning More?
Please download the program overview and contact your ISU County Extension and Outreach Office to learn more about this exciting program.
In Partnership With:
We recommend utilizing the STEM: General block for this program when utilizing the Common Measures evaluation tool. Iowa 4-H state or county program staff may request a paper and/or digital common measures survey for the delivery of this program by filling out this online request form.