Women Impacting Agriculture 2021 Call for Nominations
- Nominations due by: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Honorees announced by: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- Videotaping of honorees: We will gather video stories of the honorees during October.
- Honorees recognized on: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 during the 5th Annual Women in Ag Leadership Conference. Honorees must be present.
We want to honor, recognize and highlight “Women Impacting Agriculture” who are making positive changes and creating a more sustainable Iowa by improving economic resiliency and stability; conserving natural resources; and being influential agricultural leaders, family members and community volunteers.
- All Iowans are eligible to submit nominations. We strongly encourage past leadership conference attendees to nominate women they know.
- Nominees will be a woman with an Iowa residence who owns, manages, or is employed on Iowa farms; or Iowa agricultural businesses or organizations (examples are USDA agencies, local agribusinesses, cooperatives, and ag organizations.)
- Nominees will have a connection to Iowa State University and/or Extension and Outreach (examples are ISU Alumni, county council members and volunteers, and participants in extension programs.)
- Nominees will be willing to be photographed and videotaped by the Women in Ag video/photography team on their farm or other place of business; and to have all those images and stories to be shared through print and online media.
- Nominees will be willing to attend the 2021 Women in Ag Leadership Conference.
- This award is given by Extension for the purpose of honoring our clientele. Extension staff are not eligible to be nominated for the award.
- Please include the nominee in the nomination process. Interview the nominee or ask them to help complete the application.
- To nominate “Women Impacting Agriculture,” please complete an online application at www.extension.iastate/womeninag.
- Nominations should demonstrate achievements and leadership in all three areas: 1) farming or working in agribusiness, 2) connecting to Iowa State University or ISU Extension and Outreach, and 3) volunteering in the community.
- The application includes three essays. Please limit the total of the three essays to 1,000 words.
- A Selection Committee of past honorees, past conference attendees, and Extension staff and partners will select the 2021 honorees.
A scorecard is available to the Selection Committee or for anyone interested in reviewing the scoring process.
In recognition, the honorees will receive an award memento and gift certificate.