Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Women in Ag
2018 Women Impacting Agriculture Call for Nominations
Number of Honorees: 6 – goal is one for each Area Ag Team
Nominations Due By: June 15, 2018
Honorees Selected By: June 29, 2018
Videotaping: July through September
Honorees Recognized: November 27, 2018 at 2nd Annual WIA Leadership Conference
We want to honor, recognize and highlight “Women Impacting Agriculture.” Six women will be recognized who are making positive changes and creating a more sustainable Iowa by improving economic resiliency and stability; conserving natural resources; and being influential agricultural leaders, family members and community volunteers.
- Nominators will be Iowa State University Extension and Outreach staff; especially ANR field specialists, county staff, regional extension directors, and campus staff.
- Nominees will be a woman with an Iowa residence who owns, manages, or is employed on Iowa farms or Iowa agriculture related businesses or organizations (examples are USDA agencies, local agribusinesses, cooperatives, and ag organizations.)
- Nominees will have a connection to Iowa State University and/or Extension and Outreach (examples are ISU Alumni, county council members and volunteers, and participants in extension programs.)
- Nominees will be willing to be photographed and videotaped by the Women in Ag video/photography team on their farm or other place of business; and to have all those images and stories to be shared through print and online media.
- Nominees will be available to be honored and recognized at the ANNUAL Women in Ag Leadership Conference in Ames.
- Please include the nominee in the nomination process. Interview the nominee or ask them to help complete the application.
- To nominate “Women Impacting Agriculture,” please complete an online application at www.extension.iastate/womeninag
- The completed application should be 500 to 1000 words in length.
A committee of five to six extension staff will select the six “Women Impacting Agriculture.”
A score card is available to the Nomination Committee or for anyone interested in reviewing the scoring process.
In addition to recognition and an award memento, the six “Women Impacting Agriculture” for 2018 will receive registration, lodging and mileage for the Women in Ag Leadership Conference.
The Honorees for 2016 Women Impacting the Land:
|Cathy Ayers - Warren County||April Hemmes - Franklin County|
|Nancy Bohl-Bormann - Humboldt County||Jenni Peters - Jackson County|
|Kathy Dice - Louisa County||Amy Petersen - Muscatine County|
|Jean Driscoll - Cedar County||Julie Walters - Taylor County|
The Honorees for 2018 Women Impacting Agriculture:
|Audrey Brown - Plymouth County||Cheryl Johnson/Cassie Johnson - Woodbury County|
|Velvet Buckingham - Wayne County||Anna MacDonald Golightly - Madison County|
|Sheila Dotts Hebenstreit - Greene County||Amy Tlach - Warren County|