Iowa State University Extension and Outreach has been a catalyst for change across Iowa and the world for more than 100 years. During our 2024 Annual Conference, we will have an opportunity to focus on our new strategic vision and direction and begin collaborating on how we can elevate ourselves and our communities through new innovations to address the emerging issues of Iowans. I encourage you to join me for our 2024 ISU Extension and Outreach Annual Conference, March 5-6 in Ames.
- On Tuesday, March 5, 4:00-6:30 p.m., we will celebrate and honor our extension colleagues during an awards ceremony at the Gateway Hotel and Conference Center.
- On Wednesday, March 6, we will gather at the Iowa State Center, using both the Scheman Building and Fisher Auditorium for our conference. We will learn more about our Strategic Vision and Direction and have the opportunity to discuss with colleagues our individual and collective roles in bringing the vision to life. The conference also will include educational workshops presented by our colleagues from across the system. Finally, Karl Bradley, the Extension Foundation’s leadership development specialist, will connect with us to provide tools to assist us in our journey.
We will come together to achieve these goals:
- Learn more about the strategic vision and direction and identify ways each of us can contribute to ISU Extension and Outreach’s efforts to reach all Iowans.
- Build connections and potential partnerships across our organization in an effort to elevate our programs and outreach efforts.
- Learn from one another and gain tips and skills that help us to reach Iowans effectively.
- Celebrate being a part of the ISU Extension and Outreach team.
Registration is open. Visit the Annual Conference website for more information, including the agenda and registration details. To meet the needs of our host venues, early registration closes February 19; late registration closes February 26. Due to catering needs, we will not accept onsite registration. Please register now and plan to attend this year’s event. I look forward to seeing you.
Vice President for Extension and Outreach