You are invited to Hellos and Handshakes with Jason Henderson
On April 3 Jason Henderson will join Iowa State University as our new vice president for extension and outreach. From April 10 to May 19, he will travel across the state to share “Hellos and Handshakes” and you are invited to attend one of the sessions.
At each session Jason will introduce himself and then host a facilitated discussion. He wants to hear and learn from extension professionals and council members. He also wants to collect information for our new strategic plan.
Sixteen sessions are planned for the following dates and locations. Registration closed March 24. There is no cost to participate. More information (exact locations and other details) will be available by early April.
- April 10: 9:00-11:00 a.m. at the Alumni Center
- April 10: 1:00-3:00 p.m. at the Alumni Center
- May 3: 9:00-11:00 a.m. at the Alumni Center
Regional sessions (shown on the map)
- April 12 - Regions 23, 24: 1:00-3:00 p.m. in Decatur County
- April 14 - Regions 18, 25: 9:00-11:00 a.m. in Marion County
- April 14 - Regions 26, 27: 1:00-3:00 p.m. in Henry County
- April 28 - Regions 15, 16, 17: 8:45-10:45 a.m. in Dallas County
- April 28 - Regions 19, 20: 1:30-3:30 p.m. in Johnson County
- May 1 - Regions 13, 14: 8:45-10:45 a.m. in Carroll County
- May 1 - Regions 21, 22: 1:30-3:30 p.m. in Mills County
- May 4 - Regions 5, 10, 28: 1:00-3:00 p.m. in Bremer County
- May 5 - Regions 11,12: 1:00-3:00 p.m. in Jones County
- May 18 (Moved from May 10) - Regions 1, 2: 9:00-11:00 a.m. in Dickinson County
- May 18 (Moved from May 10) - Regions 6, 7: 1:00-3:00 p.m. in Buena Vista County
- May 19 (Moved from May 8) - Regions 3, 4: 9:00-11:00 a.m. in Cerro Gordo County
- May 19 (Moved from May 8) - Regions 8, 9: 1:00-3:00 p.m. in Hardin County
Each regional session is intended for participants from a two-region area, as shown on the map.
- County staff and extension council members are encouraged to attend the session that includes their county, but attending a different meeting is possible.
- Field staff may attend any session for the regions where they serve.
- Campus staff and faculty are encouraged to attend a campus session.