Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is dividing the state into five areas for quarterly meeting purposes only. This is not a reorganization, and it is not another administrative layer. The boundaries may shift over time and after the Structured for Success committee’s work is complete.
- Five areas have been proposed for meeting purposes, as shown on the map, below.
- Each area will hold three, quarterly, all-staff, face-to-face meetings every state fiscal year.
- Annual Conference will serve as the fourth quarterly meeting for everyone in ISU Extension and Outreach.
Late Summer/Early Fall 2019 Meetings
Dates and locations
- Southwest: August 28, Cass County Community Center, 805 W 10th St., Atlantic. Register for southwest.
- Northeast: August 29, Waverly City Hall, Civic Center, 200 1st Ave. NE, Waverly. Register for northeast.
- Central: August 29, Christy Hall, ISU Extension and Outreach Story County, 220 H Avenue, Nevada. Register for central.
- Southeast: September 10, ISU Extension and Outreach Washington County, 2223 250th St., Washington. Register for southeast.
- Northwest: September 20, Clay County Event Center, 800 W 18th St., Spencer. Register for northwest.
A detailed agenda will be posted in advance of the meeting dates.
Map: Areas for Meeting Purposes
The proposed areas and the regions they include are:
- Northwest area with regions 1, 2, 5, 6
- Northeast area with regions 3, 4, 9, 11
- Southeast area with regions 10, 15, 16, 19, 20
- Southwest area with regions 12, 17, 18
- Central area with regions 7, 8, 13, 14
Goals for Area-Wide Meetings
- Improve internal communication throughout ISU Extension and Outreach.
- Enhance interdisciplinary and multi-county programming.
- Strengthen relationships with colleagues.
- More closely align vision and mission throughout our organization.
See the Plans for Area-Wide, All-Staff Quarterly Meetings (pdf) to review the overall objectives, actions and expectations.