Registration is open for the fall 2023 area meetings.
The meetings will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. (see agenda) on the following dates. You must register for the site you wish to attend. The deadline to register ends one week prior to each event.
Southwest: September 18
- Location: Cass County Community Center, 805 W. 10th St., Atlantic
- Chair: Kerry Aistrope, email@example.com
Northeast: September 22
- Location: Kirkwood Regional Center, 1770 Boyson Road, Hiawatha
- Chair: Marybeth Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org
Southeast: September 29
- Register for Southeast area meeting
- Location: Southeast Research Farm, 3115 Louisa-Washington Road, Crawfordsville
- Chair: Jeff Macomber, email@example.com
South Central: October 2
- Register for South Central area meeting
- Location: Newton DMACC Campus, 600 N. 2nd Ave. West A, Newton (Quad Rooms)
- Chair: Paul Gibbins, firstname.lastname@example.org
North Central: October 3
- Register for North Central area meeting
- Location: Briggs Woods Conference Center, 2501 Briggs Woods Trail, Webster City
- Chair: Sarah Merrifield, email@example.com
Northwest: October 4: This session will be 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Register for Northwest area meeting
- Location: Grainery Lodge, 1969 500th St., Cherokee
- Chair: Cheryl Heronemus, firstname.lastname@example.org
8:30 a.m. - Registration
9:00 a.m. - Welcome/ introductions
9:30 a.m. - General session with VP Henderson
12:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 p.m. - Professional development session
- Southwest, September 18 - Nurturing Resilience in Ourselves and Others
- Northeast, September 22 - Five Strategies for Successful Facilitation
- Southeast, September 29 - Social Media Training
- South Central, October 2 - Artificial Intelligence 101
- North Central, October 3 - Artificial Intelligence 101
- Northwest, October 4 - Emotional Hijacking
2:00 p.m. - Debrief with VP Henderson
3:00 p.m. - Closing
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach has divided the state into areas for meeting purposes only.
- Improve internal communication throughout ISU Extension and Outreach.
- Enhance interdisciplinary and multi-county programming.
- Strengthen relationships with colleagues.
- More closely align vision and mission throughout our organization.
- Facilitate communication across counties and across programs, build relationships among staff, and mentor new staff.
- Provide a ready platform for campus leadership and specialists to connect with and listen to staff in the field.
- Build trust through ongoing relationships, collaboration, and accountability.
- Enhance program planning, staff development, and sense of belonging.
Background: Area meetings were begun in 2019 to improve communication in ISU Extension and Outreach. For information about the initial development, see the Plans for Area-Wide, All-Staff Quarterly Meetings (pdf, May 2019).
Fall 2022 in-person meetings: These meetings featured updates on the state of extension, the MOU, the program planning process, and support for reaching all Iowans (virtual education resources and education, accessibility through translation, and information technology support).
Fall 2021 in-person meetings: Each meeting followed the same morning agenda. Watch a video of the south central meeting, October 1 in Indianola.
Annual Conference, March 9, 2021: To view session materials and videos visit MyExtension.
Winter 2020 virtual meetings: To view resources and materials form the Winter 2020 meetings visit MyExtension.
September 2020 virtual meetings: To view resources and materials from the September 2020 visit the COVID-19 Recovery webpage
Annual Conference, April 1, 2020: A recording of Our Virtual Annual Conference and several of the resources are available from MyExtension.