Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is dividing the state into five areas for quarterly meeting purposes only. This is not a reorganization, and it is not another administrative layer. The boundaries may shift over time and after the Structured for Success committee’s work is complete.
- Five areas have been proposed for meeting purposes, as shown on the map, below.
- Each area will hold three, quarterly, all-staff, face-to-face meetings every state fiscal year.
- Annual Conference will serve as the fourth quarterly meeting for everyone in ISU Extension and Outreach.
Late Fall 2019 meetings
Dates and locations
- Southwest: November 26, Cass County Community Center, Atlantic.
- Southeast: December 2, Jefferson County Fairgrounds, Cambridge Building, Fairfield.
- Northwest: December 5, Aurelia Community Center, Aurelia.
- Northeast: December 6, location to be determined.
- Central: December 11, Bayer Crop Science, Huxley Learning Center, 1551 Highway 210, Huxley.
Materials from Previous Meetings
Map: Areas for Meeting Purposes
The proposed areas and the regions they include are:
- Northwest area with regions 1, 2, 5, 6
- Northeast area with regions 3, 4, 9, 11
- Southeast area with regions 10, 15, 16, 19, 20
- Southwest area with regions 12, 17, 18
- Central area with regions 7, 8, 13, 14
Goals for Area-Wide Meetings
- Improve internal communication throughout ISU Extension and Outreach.
- Enhance interdisciplinary and multi-county programming.
- Strengthen relationships with colleagues.
- More closely align vision and mission throughout our organization.
See the Plans for Area-Wide, All-Staff Quarterly Meetings (pdf) to review the overall objectives, actions and expectations.