Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is dividing the state into five areas for quarterly meeting purposes only. This is not a reorganization, and it is not another administrative layer. The boundaries may shift over time and after the Structured for Success committee’s work is complete.
- Five areas have been proposed for meeting purposes, as shown on the map, below.
- Each area will hold three, quarterly, all-staff, face-to-face meetings every state fiscal year.
- Annual Conference will serve as the fourth quarterly meeting for everyone in ISU Extension and Outreach.
Late Fall 2019 meetings
The November and December 2019 meetings have been canceled. See John Lawrence's Oct. 29, 2019, message to county staff and council members.
Materials from Previous Meetings
Map: Areas for Meeting Purposes
The proposed areas and the regions they include are:
- Northwest area with regions 1, 2, 5, 6
- Northeast area with regions 3, 4, 9, 11
- Southeast area with regions 10, 15, 16, 19, 20
- Southwest area with regions 12, 17, 18
- Central area with regions 7, 8, 13, 14
Goals for Area-Wide Meetings
- Improve internal communication throughout ISU Extension and Outreach.
- Enhance interdisciplinary and multi-county programming.
- Strengthen relationships with colleagues.
- More closely align vision and mission throughout our organization.
See the Plans for Area-Wide, All-Staff Quarterly Meetings (pdf) to review the overall objectives, actions and expectations.