Beef producers are reminded that by Jan. 1, 2019 they must have a current Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) certificate in order to sell cattle to certain packers. To help producers comply with this requirement, Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach, Iowa Beef Center and Iowa Beef Industry Council are offering a series of “year-end” trainings in Northwest Iowa.
Trainings are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
· Nov. 19 – New Dordt Ag Stewardship Center, Sioux Center. RSVP to: 712-737-4230.
· Nov. 28 – Northwest Iowa Community College, Sheldon. RSVP to: 712-957-5045.
· Dec. 4 – Sac County Extension, Sac City. RSVP to: 712-662-7131.
· Dec. 5 – Grace United Methodist Church, Spencer. RSVP to: 712-262-2264.
· Dec. 11 – Plymouth County Extension, Le Mars. RSVP to: 712-546-7835.
· Dec. 18 – Archer Coop Grain Company, Archer. RSVP to: 712-723-5233.