Maintain a weed-free lawn and learn about herbicides and how to use them.
Prior to use, it is always wise to check and see if the chemicals mentioned within are allowed in your area.
I just received the Persian translation of my text book, Fundamentals of Turfgrass Management. The translation was done by 3 professors in Isfahan University in Iran. For those of you who speak Persian, this will be a great addition to your library.
The 4th edition of my textbook, Fundamentals of Turfgrass Management was released for sale on June 22, 2011.
This fourth edition has been updated throughout to reflect the latest information and trends in the turfgrass industry. These changes include the following:
- Updated information on genus and species names of grasses
- A new chapter on ornamental grasses
- An expanded section on micronutrients in the fertility chapter
- A new section on seed production and the purchasing of seed
- New information on herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides
- An expanded section on weed species
- Updated information on sports turf and sports field construction
- Updated information on golf course construction and management
It is available directly from Wiley Publications at
as well as a variety of other book companies on the web. It will also be available at the ISU bookstore in a few weeks.