Dan Strey and myself spent last week in Beijing China for the 12th International Turfgrass Research conference. It was an excellent meeting, with more than 300 people in attendance. As you can see, we had a beautiful, clear day at the Great Wall.
It was a little hazy for the Forbidden City.
Iowa State was well represented with 6 papers that are listed below. Full text of these will be up on the Turfgrass Information Service soon. I can also send full text to anyone who would like them.
- ENHANCED HERBICIDAL ACTIVITY OF CORN GLUTEN MEAL THROUGH PH MODIFICATION. ~N.J. Dunlap, N.N. Boersma and N.E. Christians
- EFFECT OF SHOOT DENSITY ON THE RECUPERATIVE POTENTIAL OF CREEPING BENTGRASS CUTLIVARS. ~Marcus A. Jones and Nick E. Christians
- Core Aeration Programs and Sand Topdressing Improve Creeping Bentgrass Fairways ~Matthew T. Klingenberg, Deying Li, Nick E. Christians* and Christopher J. Blume
- Influence of an amino acid complex on the growth of Agrostis stolonifera L. cv. Penncross ~Quincy D. Law*, Marcus A. Jones, Aaron J. Patton, and Nick E. Christians
- Basic Cation Saturation Ratio Theory Applied to Sand-Based Putting Greens ~R.A. St. John* and N.E. Christians
- SEEDBANKING POTENTIAL OF KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS AND PERENNIAL RYEGRASS IN ATHLETIC FIELDS. ~A.H. Hoiberg and D.D. Minner