The 2016 Iowa BioGENEius Challenge is coordinated by the Iowa Biotechnology Association (IowaBio). Local Iowa students in grades 9 through 12 can compete in the Iowa BioGENEius Challenge, which is held in conjunction with the annual State Science and Technology Fair of Iowa (SSTFI) in Ames.
To participate in the Iowa BioGENEius Challenge, you must:
- Be performing biotechnology research, which is defined as "the use of the knowledge of biological systems to produce goods and services”
- Be conducting an individual project – team projects not accepted
- Be an Iowa student in grades 9 through 12
- Participate in State Science and Technology Fair of Iowa (details below)
- Follow the Rules & Guidelines and meet the International competition criteria
State Science and Technology Fair of Iowa Details
Location: Hilton Coliseum, Iowa State University Campus, Ames, Iowa
Judging Date: Thursday, March 31st, 2016
The winner of the Iowa BioGENEius Challenge will receive travel and accommodations to compete against other regional winners at the International BioGENEius Challenge. They will also receive an IowaBio SSTFI College Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 if the student attends college in the state of Iowa and $1,000 if they attend college out of state.
Four runner-ups will also be awarded with an IowaBio SSTFI College Scholarship in the amounts and criteria listed above.
International BioGENEius Challenge Details
When: June 5-8, 2016
Where: BIO International Convention, San Francisco, CA
Questions? Please contact:
Iowa Biotech Association
900 Des Moines Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309