September 30, October 7, October 14, and October 21, 2020
Where: 3 Attendance Options
- Online live streaming of each session.
- Grundy County Extension and Outreach, 703 F Ave, Grundy Center, Iowa 50638
- Story County Extension and Outreach, 220 H Ave, Nevada, Iowa 50201
Whether women just want to learn more about Iowa’s equine industry, or need to find more profitability from their equine business, this course offers something for everyone. Sessions cover Managing Finances for Equine Farms and Programs, Insurance, Liability, and the Horse Business, Designing Health Care Programs, Evaluating Rations for Horses, Forages for Horses, Marketing a Horse Business, and Environmental Management. Tools and resources will be provided to help women consider important management decisions.
Speakers include Dr. Peggy Auwerda (ISU Equine and Extension Specialist), Kelvin Leibold (ISU Farm Management Specialist), Kapil Arora (ISU Field Agricultural Engineer), Brian Lang (ISU Field Agronomist), Bobbi Finarty (Extension Director - Hardin County), Wade Ellerbroek (Ellerbroek and Associates), Dr. Loretta Berkland (Sibley Veterinary Clinic).
Sponsored by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Women in Agriculture, Iowa Horse Council, Farm Credit Services of America, and USDA.
- Shari Sell-Bakker, program director, Grundy County Extension, 319.824.6979, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michaela Van De Berg, program director, Story County Extension, 515.382.6551, email@example.com
- Peggy Auwerda, Equine Extension and Outreach Specialist, 515.294.5260, firstname.lastname@example.org