To plan, coordinate and deliver programming in the area of Human Sciences.
- Develop and implement human sciences programming to benefit the people of Sioux County.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement educational programming in collaboration with program specialists, regional director, and extension council.
- Build partnerships with individuals and groups to support programming.
- Acquire skills needed by participating in appropriate professional development and training.
- Support and initiate strategies to develop volunteer networks that support human sciences programming.
- Work independently and collaboratively with staff, partners, and volunteers to foster a positive work environment.
- Manage project budgets within the program area.
- Follow policies as described in the county personnel handbook, fiscal policy handbook, and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach.
- Provide assistance and support for other Extension programs, as assigned.
- Content knowledge in human sciences.
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Team player and people oriented.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Teaching or facilitation experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass background screening.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional years’ experience in a human sciences-related field.
- Demonstrated record of establishing new programs.
- Successful contract and grant writing experience.
- Experience working cooperatively with boards and diverse groups.
- Being bilingual is also a plus, but not required.
This position is part-time (approximately 20 hours/week), located in the ISU Extension and Outreach Sioux County office in Orange City, Iowa. Some programming will take place in other locations around the county and region. Based on a flexible workweek, hours could involve days, evenings or weekends. Hours will vary according to the events planned. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. A group health insurance policy is available. This position is eligible for Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS). Benefits are in accordance with the Sioux County Extension personnel policy.
SUPERVISOR: Regional Extension Director
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.
A group health insurance policy is available. This position is eligible for Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS). Benefits are in accordance with the Sioux County Extension personnel policy.