Funding will be needed for the required facilitator training and curriculum materials. At a minimum 1 manual for every two people attending training is required. Curriculum manuals are copyrighted material and may not be reproduced.
Program implementation expenses have been kept to a minimum. However, some groups may decide to secure outside funding to support facilitator honoraria, child care, food, and supply costs. Supplies for session activities are estimated at $20/family for copying handouts, colored markers, poster board, glue sticks, etc.
View the sample budget for more information.
Possible funding opportunities include:
- Department of Education grants
- National Institutes of Health
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- United Way
- Local Civic/Service Organizations
- Various Prevention Funds – alcohol, tobacco, gambling, or substance abuse
- Decatorization Funds
- Empowerment Funds
- Youth Development
- Department of Health and Human Services
- State Block Grants
As you are programming, continue to think about ways that you can continue to implement the program once initial funds go away.