Everything DiSC Productive Conflict is a face-to-face workshop during which participants begin by sharing existing perceptions about conflict and then review a definition of conflict and discuss key concepts. Participants will discuss their DiSC styles in conflict as well as review their stressors and motivators in conflict. They will also create a Conflict Map, which helps to describe typical conflict behavior for each style.
Everything DiSC Productive Conflict focuses on these goals:
- Develop an understanding of conflict
- Deepen an understanding of your DiSC style in conflict as well as other DiSC styles in conflict
- Identify destructive conflict behaviors and automatic thoughts during conflict
- Practice reframing automatic thoughts
- Build the foundation for future social and emotional skills training
Workshop facilitators: Alison DePenning, Professional Development, Karen Lathrop, Advancement, Julie Hlas, Advancement
Dates: September 8
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Cost: $115 per participant – registration through Conference Planning and Management arranged by Professional Development. Fee is non-refundable once the assessment is completed.
Where: ISU Extension Youth and 4-H Building, ISU Camus, Ames