Adult Learning Strategies: Integrating Instructional Activities
Monday, 05/15/2023 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
This workshop aims to equip faculty and staff of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach with knowledge and skills to integrate instructional activities into educational programs, courses, and/or workshops. For additional information, refer to the Integrating Instructional Activities course information sheet.
This is an online program offered in a flipped format: participants work through the online asynchronous materials and then participate in a synchronous cohort video conference. It will take approximately 1-3 hours to work through the independent study portion and 1.5 hours for the cohort video conference.
- Day 1 (usually a Monday) - online course opens
- Day 1-7 - participants work through the online material at their convenience
- Day 7 (usually a Monday) - online cohort video conference
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the five major components of an instructional activity.
- Describe the three generic steps in designing instructional activities.
- Identify the three different levels of instructional activities.
- Select appropriate instructional activities for program deliver based on instructional objectives, needs, facilitator skills, time, location, and group size.
- Integrate instructional activities into educational programs, courses, and/or workshops.