Emotional intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
So why is EQ-i important? It's all about self-awareness and self-management. Research shows that people with a higher EQ-i find more success in their work and personal lives. These are individuals who "pick up" on the emotions of others and use that awareness to better manage their interactions with others, resulting in more positive outcomes.
In this session, you will begin to understand what emotions you are feeling and why, manage your responses to them, recognize what emotions others are feeling, and respond to them effectively.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Identify the benefits of having higher emotional intelligence
- Define self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation and empathy
- Identify areas of growth via the EQ-i 2.0 assessment
- Possess the skills required to increase your emotional intelligence
- Recognize an Action Plan
- Implement these concepts and techniques in the workplace
Workshop facilitators: Alison Boelman, Professional Development and Julie Hlas, Advancement
January 15, 2020 8:15am – 12:15pm
Extension 4-H Building, Room 1020, ISU Campus, Ames
Cost is $90.00 per participant. Fee is non-refundable once EQi-2.0 assessment has been completed.