Emotional intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
So why is EQ-i important? It's all about self-awareness and self-management. Research shows that people with a higher EQ-i find more success in their work and personal lives. These are individuals who "pick up" on the emotions of others and use that awareness to better manage their interactions with others, resulting in more positive outcomes.
In this session, you will begin to understand what emotions you are feeling and why, manage your responses to them, recognize what emotions others are feeling, and respond to them effectively.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence (Emotional Quotient-EQ)
- Identify the benefits of having higher emotional intelligence
- Know the 4 parts of emotional intelligence
- Define self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation and empathy
- Analyze your EQi assessment
- Possess the skills required to increase your emotional intelligence
- Develop an Action Plan
- Implement these concepts and techniques in the workplace
Workshop facilitators: Alison Boelman, Professional Development and Julie Hlas, Advancement
December 3, 2019 8:15am – 12:15pm
Linn County Extension office 383 Collins Road NE - 2nd floor., Cedar Rapids
Accessibility lift in the back entrance which is ground floor entrance also.
Cost is $90.00 per participant. Fee is non-refundable once EQi-2.0 assessment has been completed.