Given as a tribute to Marvin A. Anderson, the first Dean of Extension at Iowa State University, this is the top career award in ISU Extension and Outreach. It recognizes sustained distinguished performance and educational contributions to ISU and clientele through ISU Extension and Outreach programs.
Eligibility: All ISU Extension and Outreach campus, field, and county employees. A person may receive this award only once.
Number awarded: One
Award: Plaque and $1,500
This award is presented at the All-University Awards Convocation in the fall.
Award Criteria: Career demonstrates
- that recipient has excelled in assigned duties to ISU Extension and Outreach
- consistent, strong leadership skills and credibility with clientele
- outstanding efforts in planning implementation (including educational leadership and audience involvement) and impact evaluation
- outstanding collaborative efforts to reach ISU Extension and Outreach goals
- personal and professional development
- effective education efforts to diverse audiences
Deadline: The deadline for the 2020 Distinguished Service in Extension and Outreach nomination is Feb. 10, 2021 and all nominations should be sent to Linda Young at email@example.com.