The Navigating Difference series is designed to assist Extension and Outreach professionals in expanding their skills in working with diverse audiences. The curriculum consists of five modules developed by Washington State University Extension staff specifically for extension professionals. The five modules include:
- Cultural Awareness
- Cultural Understanding
- Cultural Knowledge
- Cultural Interaction
- Cultural Sensitivity
The overarching goals for the training are to assist participants in:
- Becoming more aware of our own personal and organizational cultures.
- Examining how our personal and organizational cultures effect our ability to work across difference in both negative and positive ways.
- Building skills to increase our competencies as we work with others who are different from us.
2017 Dates & Locations:
- Mar. 7-9, Iowa State University, Alumni Center, South Ballroom - CLOSED
- April 18-20, Iowa State University, Scheman, Rm 175 - CLOSED
- May 23-25, Dubuque Co. - CLOSED
- June 6-8, Muscatine Co. - CLOSED
- Sept. 19-21, Woodbury Co.
- Oct. 3-5, Wright Co.
- Oct. 10-12, Wapello Co.
Light breakfast/ lunch is provided all three days. Navigating Difference Three Day Workshop - Sample Agenda
Be advised you must attend all 3 days to complete the workshop and receive a certificate of completion. Please contact Dr. Carol Heaverlo for additional information in regard to the content of the workshops.