Every year more than 1 million people directly benefit from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach programs, and we connect with millions more online. We’re building a strong Iowa.
- For every $1 invested in Buy Eat Live Healthy nutrition education, $2.48 is saved in future health care costs – helping parents raise healthy kids.
- We provide skills training for community leaders, local government officials, business owners, entrepreneurs, and volunteers to help sustain Iowa communities for the future.
- We help farmers connect through peer networks, increasing the success of farm businesses.
- 4-H builds skills in young people so they’re ready for college and careers.
- We teach foodservice workers how to handle food safely, so Iowans don’t get sick.
- Crop Advantage education helps producers better manage operating margins and improve farm business efficiency.
- We collaborate with communities to support local food systems, including urban farms, food hubs, and public market feasibility studies.
- Iowa’s 945 cities better understand their financial performance with our customized socioeconomic and fiscal information.
- Our education, research, and job training support Iowa’s $420 million grape and wine industry.
- See our 2017 ISU Extension and Outreach Annual Report.
- Call our hotlines or visit our 100 ISU Extension and Outreach county offices across the state.
- Contact your county extension council; 900 locally elected council members serve Iowa.
- Join more than 16,000 volunteers who partner with us.