Every year more than 1 million Iowans directly benefit from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach educational programs for economic growth, healthy families, thriving communities and sustainable environments.
- We connect Iowans with university research and resources, creating more than $897 million of economic impact.
- Last year we reached more than 115,000 direct contacts with information on agricultural best practices.
- Each month nearly 900 early childhood providers, teachers and directors enroll in our preservice online series to learn more about improving care for young children.
- Our community and economic development specialists are conducting a two-year study of workforce attraction and housing in northeast Iowa.
- 4-H connects with almost 1 in 5 Iowa K-12 students. We build skills in young people so they’re ready for college and careers.
- Each year we provide skills training for more than 50,000 community leaders, local government officials, business owners, entrepreneurs and volunteers.
- To help Iowans deal with an uncertain farm economy, we provide financial management information and resources, and Iowa Concern’s 24/7 access to stress counselors, referrals and an attorney for legal education.
- See our 2018 ISU Extension and Outreach Annual Report.
- Call our hotlines or visit our 100 ISU Extension and Outreach county offices across the state.
- Contact your county extension council; 900 locally elected council members serve Iowa.
- Join 13,000 volunteers who partner with us.