Iowa State University Extension and Outreach engages Iowans to build a #STRONGIOWA. We provide research-based education for sustainable environments, economic growth, thriving communities, healthy people, and Iowa’s next generation.
- 613,000 direct contacts with Iowans through our educational programs
- 10 million online contacts through our websites, social media, and downloads of educational materials
Note: Direct contacts refer to each time an individual had contact with our educational programs. Online contacts refer to each time an individual had contact with our online resources.
- Last year we reached more than 288,000 direct contacts with information on agricultural best practices.
- Our community and economic development specialists provided skills training for more than 50,000 community leaders, local government officials, business owners, entrepreneurs, and volunteers.
- More than 43,000 early childhood education professionals participated in our educational programming to improve care for young children.
- Nearly 91,000 K-12 youth participated in six or more hours of our 4-H youth development education, building skills so they’re ready for college and careers.
- To help Iowans deal with an uncertain farm economy, we provide financial management information and resources, and Iowa Concern’s 24/7 access to stress counselors, referrals and an attorney for legal education.
- See our 2019 ISU Extension and Outreach Annual Report.
- Call our hotlines or visit our 100 ISU Extension and Outreach county offices across the state.
- Contact your county extension council; 900 locally elected council members serve Iowa.
- Join 12,500 volunteers who partner with us.