AMES, Iowa -- The popular "Wine Wednesday" series of educational events is returning this fall and offers an opportunity for everyone from seasoned sippers to those who just want to know more about wine.
Presenters will address:
- how grapes are grown.
- which grapes are used to make different types of wine.
- unique processes used to make each type of wine from white to red.
- meeting with local winemakers.
- principles of wine tasting and sensory evaluation.
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, Oscar Carl Vineyard, near Sioux city (6-9 p.m.) https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3aWO0VbbbNIpzyS
- Wednesday, Nov. 17 Fireside Winery, near Cedar Rapids (6-9 p.m.) https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2o9t7IbCBvakI8m
- All events are open to the public and are designed for anyone with an interest in wine. The workshops are free but registration is required and spots are limited.