SIOUX CITY, Iowa – The Siouxland Garden Show committee has announced the lineup for the 2021 virtual presentations. Two sessions will be viewable live each Friday from Feb. 19 through March 26 via Facebook, YouTube and on the Siouxland Garden Show website. A morning session will take place at 9 a.m. each week, with an afternoon session beginning at 3 p.m.
For more information on the Siouxland Garden Show, you can visit the event's website at siouxlandgardenshow.org. Below is the schedule of speakers.
- 10 a.m. - Renee Sweers, ISU Extension and Outreach: Preserve the Taste of Summer 101.
- 3 p.m. - Shanna Mueggenberg, Iowa Master Gardeners: Maple Syrup for the Backyard Hobbyist.
- 10 a.m. - Kim Todd, Nebraska Extension: A Rose by Any Other Name.
- 3 p.m. - Benjamin Vogt, Monarch Gardens LLC: Busting Garden Myths.
- 10 a.m. - Kathleen Cue, Nebraska Extension: Using Annual and Perennial Flowers for Curb Appeal.
- 3 p.m. - Steven Renquist, Oregon State University Extension: Winter Care of Apple and Cherry Trees.
- 10 a.m. - Erin Kinley, Penn State Extension: Gardening for the Long Game -- Tackling Problems for More Than One Season.
- 3 p.m. - Cindy Haynes, ISU Extension and Outreach: Container Vegetable Gardening.
- 10 a.m. - Edward Spevak, Saint Louis Zoo: Monarch Butterfly Biology and How to Help Them.
- 3 p.m. - Dennis Ferraro, University of Nebraska - Lincoln: Wildlife in the Landscape.
- 10 a.m. - Doug Tallamy, University of Delaware: Nature's Best Hope.
- 3 p.m. - Kathleen Cue, Nebraska Extension: Using Annual and Perennial Flowers in Landscape Design.