AMES, Iowa – The Integrated Crop Management Conference, set for Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, provides crop production professionals with information and research updates on the past growing season and the tools to prepare for 2023.
Now in its 33rd year, the annual event is hosted by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State. This year’s conference will feature 34 workshops to choose from.
“The ICM Conference is a great opportunity for farmers, industry, ag retailers, agronomists and educators to network with each other and interact with their university specialists,” said Erin Hodgson, professor and extension entomologist at Iowa State. “Attendees appreciate the opportunity to hear new information from our guest speakers each year.”
- Ben Gleason, Iowa Nutrient Research & Education Council, will discuss utilizing ag retailer data to measure conservation practice adoption by Iowa farmers.
- Bill Johnson from Purdue University will share information on waterhemp control and challenges.
- Laila Puntel, University of Nebraska, talks about precision nitrogen technologies for corn production.
- Jordan Reinders, University of Nebraska, provides a Nebraska perspective on western corn rootworm resistance management.
- Darcy Telenko, Purdue University, will share information on the impact of tar spot of corn and management options for the future.
Additional topics include weather and crop market outlooks, carbon markets, fertilizer prices, conservation practices, soil compaction, updates to fertilizer recommendation guidelines and weed and crop disease management updates.
A new addition this year is the Learning Zone, a space for attendees to browse information from Iowa State programs, research posters and interactive displays. Or, guests can take CropsTV, the virtual crops education program, for a test drive. Extension publications will also be available for purchase.
The conference is approved for up to 14 continuing education credits for Certified Crop Advisors. Iowa commercial pesticide applicator recertification for 2022 is also available in categories 1A, 1B, 1C and 4.
To register, visit the ICM Conference website, www.aep.iastate.edu/icm. Pre-registration is required to attend. Early registration is $225 and ends at midnight, Nov. 18. After Nov. 18, the fee increases to $275, and registrations will be accepted until noon, Nov 28. No registrations will be accepted at the door
For registration questions, contact ANR Program Services at email@example.com or 515-294-6429.
Shareable photo: Integrated Crop Management Conference logo.