Ag Decision Maker, one of the most visited Iowa State University Extension and Outreach websites, has a new look. The decision-oriented agricultural business website now showcases new and emerging issues within farm management. While the design of the Web page has changed, the Web address www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm and the Ag Decision Maker purpose, to provide up-to-date information from agricultural economists at Iowa State University and other Midwest universities and institutions, remain the same.
Ann Johanns, program specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach and editor of Ag Decision Maker, said the site is designed for farmers, lenders, farm managers, agriculture instructors and others involved in agriculture. She urges them to visit the redesigned website. "The site offers a wide range of business information on marketing, leasing, land values, legal issues, costs and returns, new business development, and many other topics,” Johanns said.
The Ag Decision Maker website provides assistance in a variety of ways.
- A six-page business newsletter is provided monthly that contains information and analysis of current business and economic issues.
- More than 430 information files provide information and analysis for finding solutions to many of the decisions facing farmers and agribusinesses.
- Many of the information files have decision tools for online computation. Figures can be entered into the spreadsheet to analyze individual situations and save the analysis as a file with personal records.
- Teaching activities are provided for use in the classroom.
- Voiced media presentations offer further details on some information files.
Information Updated Regularly
Outlook and profitability files on the website are updated on a monthly basis to show profitability for various crop and livestock enterprises. These files as well as links to the Iowa Farm Outlook newsletter, USDA reports and weather information can be found on the Outlook and Profitability page.
The Ag Decision Maker website currently has more than 3,200 visitors per day. These visitors spend a total of 500 hours on the site every day.
Visit the site at www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm and bookmark it for future reference. Monthly email notification of new information posted to the website is available at no charge. Visit the “email sign-up” link on the homepage for the online form, or email email@example.com.