AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State University Extension and Outreach has partnered with Google and local public libraries and other organizations to bring "Grow with Google" workshops to Iowa.
Grow with Google is an initiative that offers free digital skills workshops and one-on-one coaching to anyone who is interested in growing their careers or businesses. The Iowa workshops will be held April 15–17 at the following locations:
- April 15: Des Moines Public Library, 1000 Grand Avenue.
- April 16: Council Bluffs Public Library, 400 Willow Avenue.
- April 17: Davenport Public Library, 321 North Main Street.
Each workshop is from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and consists of four sessions.
- Session One: Discover Digital Resources to Empower Your Community is geared toward nonprofits and provides resources and curriculum for teaching people in the community digital skills they need to grow.
- Sessions Two and Three focus on business, showing business owners how to promote their businesses online and providing hands-on assistance in creating or updating a business profile or website.
- In Session Four: Power Your Job Search with Google Tools, participants will learn how to use the tools of G Suite and Google Search to aid in the job search process.
In addition, 20-minute sessions with a Googler coach are available to participants who would like one-on-one coaching on the various tools available through Google.
As a partner, ISU Extension and Outreach Community and Economic Development staff are helping with the outreach and driving individuals to the workshops through word of mouth, press releases and social media.
To register for this free event, visit the website, g.co/GrowIowa.
Photo credit: anyaberkut/stock.adobe.com