AMES, Iowa – A webinar discussing changes dairy producers should be aware of in the new farm bill will be held on Thursday, Dec. 27 at noon. The free webinar will be held by Marin Bozic, assistant professor in applied economics at the University of Minnesota.
The webinar is free but registration is required at http://bit.ly/DMC-2019-FarmBill .
The program will highlight and discuss the economic implications of five points:
- The discontinuation of the Margin Protection program for dairy producers.
- The introduction of a Dairy Margin Coverage program.
- Low premiums and coverage levels up to $9.50, as well as discounts for consistent use.
- Partial rebate of net MPP premiums paid for 2015-2018 period.
- Removing restrictions on combining crop insurance and Title I programs (LGM and DMC).
There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.
The webinar is sponsored by I-29 Moo University and Minnesota Milk. I-29 Moo University is a collaboration of extension dairy specialists and dairy industry personnel from North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska working to grow the dairy industry via outreach education.
For more information contact Fred M. Hall, extension dairy specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach at 712-737-4230 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.