AMES, Iowa – The Energize the Economy Roadshow is coming to three Iowa communities during May. America’s Small Business Development Center Iowa and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach in Wayne, Marion and Greene counties are partnering with local resources and businesses to bring the roadshow to Corydon, Knoxville and Jefferson.
Energize the Economy will be an opportunity to bring the community, local partners and small businesses together to celebrate Wayne, Marion and Greene counties and learn more about opportunities through ISU Extension and Outreach and America’s SBDC Iowa.
- The Wayne County roadshow is May 5, 12-1:30 p.m. on the Corydon square.
- The Marion County roadshow is May 10, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Knoxville square and will include local food vendors.
- The Greene County roadshow is May 19, 5-7 p.m. at the ISU Extension and Outreach Greene County office, 104 W. Washington St., Jefferson, and will include a free meal grilled by the Greene County Cattlemen.
All three events will feature access to resources and local experts to help start and grow a business in Iowa. America’s SBDC Iowa will have their mobile trailer available at the events with resource materials, information about upcoming webinars and SBDC Business counselors to answer general small business questions.
America’s SBDC Iowa is an outreach program of Iowa State University’s Ivy College of Business and the Office of Economic Development and Industry Relations. Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, America’s SBDC Iowa has 15 regional assistance centers located strategically across the state. Since program inception in 1981, the SBDC has helped Iowa businesses and entrepreneurs through no-fee, confidential, customized, professional business counseling and practical, affordable training workshops.
ISU Extension and Outreach engages Iowans in research, education and extension experiences to address current and emerging real-life challenges. With a presence in each of Iowa’s 99 counties, ISU Extension and Outreach connects Iowans to researchers at Iowa State and throughout the land-grant university system.
ISU Extension and Outreach is part of the federal Cooperative Extension Service — a network of more than 100 land-grant institutions, including Iowa State University, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture serving communities and counties across the United States. Every county in Iowa has an elected extension council that decides how to support ISU Extension and Outreach educational programs at the county level.
For more information on America’s SBDC Iowa programs or services, call 515-294-2030 or visit https://iowasbdc.org/, https://www.facebook.com/IowaSBDC or https://twitter.com/IowaSBDC.
For more information on ISU Extension and Outreach, visit www.extension.iastate.edu or contact your ISU Extension and Outreach county office.
- Lisa Shimkat, America’s SBDC Iowa, 515-294-2030, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Syerra Niday, ISU Extension and Outreach Wayne County, 641-872-1755, email@example.com
- Dan Nieland, ISU Extension and Outreach Marion County, 515-401-7398, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Mannel, ISU Extension and Outreach Greene County, 515-386-2138, email@example.com