AMES, Iowa – Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators on six different dates and locations in February. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource,” said Dan Andersen, ISU Ag and Biosystems Engineering assistant professor and coordinator of the manure applicator certification program.
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. All workshops begin at 1 p.m.
- Feb. 10, Adair County, Warren Cultural Center, Greenfield. Call 641-743-8412.
- Feb. 11, Wright County, Heartland Museum, Clarion. Call 515-532-3453.
- Feb. 17, Washington County Extension Office, Washington. Call 319-653-4811.
- Feb. 18, Buena Vista County Extension Office, AEA Office, Storm Lake. Call 712-732-5056.
- Feb. 19, Sioux County Extension Office, Orange City. Call 712-737-4230.
- Feb. 24, Hamilton County, Kamrar Lions Community Building, Kamrar. Call 515-832-9597.