AMES, Iowa – Iowa State University Extension and Outreach in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators on six different dates and locations in February. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource,” said Dan Andersen, associate professor and extension agricultural engineering specialist at Iowa State University.
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Please register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. All workshops begin at 1 p.m.
- Feb. 7, Wright County, Heartland Museum, Clarion. Call 515-532-3453 to register.
- Feb. 11, ISU Extension and Outreach Washington County office, Washington. Call 319-653-4811 to register.
- Feb. 18, Adair County, Warren Cultural Center, Greenfield. Call 641-743-8412 to register.
- Feb. 19, ISU Extension and Outreach Sioux County office, Orange City. Call 712-737-4230 to register.
- Feb. 22, Hamilton County, Kamrar Lions Community Building, Kamrar. Call 515-832-9597 to register.
- Feb. 26, ISU Extension and Outreach Buena Vista County office, AEA Office, Storm Lake. Call 712-732-5056 to register.