Application form: https://iastate.qualtrics.com/MG2021
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Are interested in gardening and horticulture,
- Are curious and love to learn, and
- Can make a commitment to the program – 40 volunteer hours and 40 education hours in the first two years. Then 20 volunteer hours and 10 education hours after the Master Gardener Training. If you are taking the course for professional reasons, or do not plan to volunteer, you will enroll as a ProHort trainee.
We welcome participants with all levels of gardening experience. We wish we could accept everyone who applies to our program, but we have a limited capacity each year. Take your time and answer all questions thoroughly.
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Format:
The MG Training is an online Canvas course. It is offered asynchronously, so you complete the modules on your own time. Each module contains a lecture video, reading assignment from the training book (MG Resource Guide), quiz, discussion board, and additional resources.
- July 1: Application due
- Applications will be reviewed in July; you'll receive notification of acceptance in early August
- August 30-November 5: Online course offered